We celebrated the end of 2019 and welcome 2020 with New Year Celebrations at a Tiny House Escape with our dear friend Kate, also known as Stitches and Sutures! We stay in a lovely tiny house that was situation in Carrickalinga in South Australia. With bushfires threatening so many parts of Australia we were wishing everyone a safe start to 2020.
We wore matching outfits made out of Abstract Multicoloured Digital Printed Cotton Linen Fabric that is 112 cm from Spotlight – you can find the fabric here.
2020 Sewing Resolutions
Last year we set ourselves some sewing resolutions- some we were able to complete, others that made it back on the list for this year. See last year’s sewing resolutions here. Our sewing resolutions for 2020 are:
Lauren’s Sewing Resolutions
- Make a wool coat – this was part of last years resolution but didn’t happen so is here again for 2020
- Fix 5 projects that I currently don’t like wearing because something isn’t right or it isn’t wearable
- Make pale blue and black striped crepe flint pants – these have been on my to make list for yonks so it is a must for this year.
- Only make from the stash. Instead of fabric shopping assume that we have a fabric that will be suitable, shop our stash and only purchase fabric for garments on the exception list. The exception list includes:
- Oaks Day Millinery Award dress
- One piece of fabric from overseas travels
Erin’s Sewing Resolutions
- Make a suit – this was part of last years resolution but didn’t happen so is here again for 2020
- Make 15 work appropriate garments in fabric from the stash
- Finish everything before midnight the night before it needs to be worn
Kate’s Sewing Resolutions
- Make 3 sets of lingerie
- Make a coat – step one of picking a pattern is complete now to find some fabric!
- Use 10 pieces from my stash before buying more